Eyewear trends 2018
As January ushers in chillier days filled with, the time is ripe to consider what eyewear trends will be in fashion, moving into 2018. Contemporary style still borrows from the past decades. It’s as true for eyewear as it is for clothes and home furnishings. Retro is everywhere - and it is broad enough that you can choose the style that suits you. But the phrase “Retro is back” is as out-dated as the styles themselves. Haven’t we all been hearing this now for years? It’s time we add a modern twist to the frames of the past, for the perfect look. We’ve got a lowdown on the best vintage styles with a fresh spin. Check them out -
1. Aviators are the epitome of uber retro style. In 2018, the classic frames will get a complete overhaul, with the addition of rounder lenses. What’s more, they are now going to get popular for prescription eyewear as well. <Aviator models different angles Choose the silver for a classic look, or go for the gunmetal grey for a more contemporary take on this retro style. They’re sleek, sophisticated and durable, with a strong metal finish and a double bridge design. Talk of bridging fashion and function.
2. Browlines used to be hugely popular in the 50s and 60s, eventually going out of fashion in the 70s. But they have seen resurgence in fame of late.
Modernized with a combination of polished metal and acetate, browlines create a dramatic silhouette.
3. The stylishly refined cat-eye frames continue to stay on trend. Subtle changes to its design, in particular slightly more round frames are a departure from the sleek frames of the past. This also makes them more suitable for different face shapes.
With an ever-so- retro slight cat-eye, this frame possesses equal parts quirkiness and class.
4. If you’ve been following eyewear, you know that round glasses are back in a huge way! We’ve seen just about every type of circular style on the streets, whether it is sunglasses or eyeglasses.
For the modern twist, get retro circle lenses in plastic frames, finished with no-slip nose bridges. You can choose from a range of colours to sky blue to wooden brown.
5. The 60s brought in a love of oversized, over-the- top fashion. The tortoise pattern puts a fresh spin on the style for a succinct accent to any outfit.
Not just tortoise shell material, you can play with colours too. While on-trend oversized silhouettes give them a vintage look, saturated blues, reds and greens lend them a modern edge.
It is perfect for those who want subtle and easy to wear vintage eyewear. From bold browlines to classic aviators, there’s a huge choice of retro-inspired glasses available as we usher in 2018. Which vintage style are you going to sport in this year?
Specscart is Europe's leading online prescription eyewear retailer, who offer an incredible selection of stylish glasses for men and women.
Keep up to date with what we get up to on our blog and other social media networks.
Eyewear trends 2018
As January ushers in chillier days filled with, the time is ripe to consider what eyewear trends will be in fashion, moving into 2018. Contemporary style still borrows from the past decades. It’s as true for eyewear as it is for clothes and home furnishings. Retro is everywhere - and it is broad enough that you can choose the style that suits you. But the phrase “Retro is back” is as out-dated ....
The name’s Specscart
When Tom Cruise, with his boyish charm and million-dollar grin, walked down the runway adorning a pair of Aviators, little did he know the scene would be etched in public memory! Few accessories can cement themselves in history like eyewear. Audrey Hepburn certainly isn’t remembered in A Breakfast At Tiffany’s for the timepiece she wore....
Online eyewear shopping
It’s no secret any more that purchasing frames online can save you a lot of dough. Going to an optometrist and spending a ton of money on expensive prescription frames is not done any more, especially for students. But saving money is only one of the reasons you should consider online buying. If you’re still living in the Stone Age, here are a few more reasons to help you make ....
The ultimate guide to shape your style!
Three-time Academy Award winning actor Jack Nicholson once said, “With my sunglasses on, I’m Jack Nicholson. Without them, I’m fat and 60.” From being a necessity which many considered to be a social mortification, to being a fashion accessory one wouldn’t dare live without, glasses have come a long way. Glasses possess the ability to affix themselves to a person’s identity, which is why choosing the right type is of vital importance, especially considering the number of options available today. One of the most crucial factors to be kept in mind while choosing a frame, which many often choose to ignore, is the shape of the wearer’s face. Here’s a guide to help you pick a frame which will best suit your face shape.
Sign in is easy, faster and secure
- Faster checkout
- Save multiple shipping addresses
- View and track orders and more