Free Shipping & 24 Hr Dispatch. Even On Weekends!
What data do we collect?
Data which you provide us
- On creating an account: When you create an account with us, you provide a name, email address, and password. Your account password isn’t stored by us.
- When you buy a product or use our services: If you make a purchase, we request information from you to facilitate the transaction and get you the products. You may also provide us with information when you use certain online features, such as ‘Try at Home’. This information may include your name, email address, phone number, shipping address, and date of birth, prescription information, including any images of prescriptions you may provide to us, medical history and information about your vision, information about the products you try on and purchase. If you provide us with an image of your prescription, we obtain any information that appears on the prescription form. For some online features like 3D Try-On, we may ask you to take or submit an image of yourself.
For buying the product, we ask you to provide payment information, which may include payment card information (such as credit card number, type, and expiration date), billing address, and shipping address. Our payment processor, which is required by credit card issuers to meet specific security requirements, will collect, store, and process your credit card and other payment information on our behalf using industry-standard security measures. We do not store any payment card information.
- When you contact us: If you contact us in person, by calling, messaging, email, or through Social Media, or by some other means, we may keep a record of your contact information and the content of the communication for later reference. We receive responses to any survey that you choose to complete for us.
How users may request deletion of data.
In case you want to delete your account on Specscart and all related data, please send an email to [email protected] mentioning the same.
Data from cookies and other technology:
Like most websites, our website may use technology such as “pixel tags”and “cookies” that allow us and our service providers to collect information about your actions on our services. Our service providers may collect information about your online activities over time and across different online services. Cookies are small files that web servers may place on your computer when you visit a website. You may be able to set your web browser to reject cookies entirely or require that it request permission from you before accepting each new cookie. You can also delete cookies from your web browser once you leave a website. Disabling cookies – If you don’t wish that we place cookies on your devices, you can set up your browser to disable to reject cookies. This will ensure that no website will be able to place cookies on your device. You can do this by changing the preferences in the settings of your browser. This may also mean that you won’t be able to enjoy full use of all the parts of the website. If you want to delete previously stored cookies, you can do so manually through browser settings. This will, however, not prevent websites from placing further cookies on your website.
How do we use the information provided by you
We use the collected information to provide and improve our services and your experience on the website. Some of the ways we may use this information are –
- to provide, personalize, and improve our products and our service
- to facilitate selling and delivering your purchases and Try at Home
- to communicate with you, including to respond to your comments or questions, and to send you updates about your order
- to understand your use of our services to help us improve the customer experience
- to provide you information, recommendations, and marketing materials about our products and Services
- for our other internal business purposes
- We may use location information collected from your mobile device to enhance your shopping experience and to provide you with location-based services, such as advertising, search results, and other personalized content, as well as to assist us with foot traffic measurement and service improvements in our stores.
Sharing the data collected
We may share the information as below –
With Vendors: We may provide your information to our agents or service providers as necessary to help them deliver the services, including order fulfilment, delivery services, payment processing, account registration, website- related services, such as web hosting, improvement of website-related services and features, maintenance services, data analytics.
The data collected by web servers and cookies may be used to ascertain the number of visits to website, average time spent on it, pages viewed, etc., too measure and analyse our product offerings marketing approach to improve our products and the site’s functionality and content.