Having a regular eye test is important to know your eye health and to detect the possible disease in its early stage. With the mission to promote the routine eye test, Specscart has launched free eye tests for everyone. Meanwhile, NHS eye tests are available at Specscartthat help you save more costs for the eye tests and prescription glasses!
What is NHS funded eye test?
How often can I have NHS eye test?
NHS fund eye tests and prescription /contact lenses by issuing the optical voucher. Those who are qualified for NHS eye tests ﴾please see the following section for the details of NHS eye test.﴿ will be issued NHS voucher for the free eye test. In most cases, you can renew the NHS eye test every two years. However, the renewal period for the free NHS eye test may vary. For example, if you are diagnosed with glaucoma or is considered by your optometrist or practitioner that it’s clinically necessary, you may be able to have another NHS eye test sooner than two years. For more information regarding the free NHS eye test and how frequent you can have an NHS eye test, please visit NHS’s website.
Who are qualified for NHS eye test for free?
Not sure whether you are qualified for the NHS funded eye test?
- Aged under 16, or aged between 16 and 18 and under full‐time education.
- Aged more than 60. Have been diagnosed with diabetes or glaucoma.
- Are 40 or over and your mother, father, sibling or child has been diagnosed with glaucoma.
- Have been advised by an eye doctor ﴾ophthalmologist﴿ that you are at risk of glaucoma.
- Are entitled to a free NHS eye test – your optician can advise you about he eligibility.
- Income Support
- Income‐based Jobseeker’s Allowance
- Income‐based Employment and Support Allowance
- Pension Credit Guarantee Credit
- Get tax credits and meet the criteria
- Get Universal Credit and meet the criteria
- Low income and are named on a valid NHS HC2 certificate for full help with health costs
If you meet one or more the above criteria, you will be entitled the NHS eye test free. However, if you are still not sure whether you are eligible for the NHS eye test, please call 0161 312 5767 or email to firstname.lastname@example.org to consult the further information on NHS funded eye test.
What Do I Have to Prepare for the NHS Eye Test
You don’t need to submit any supportive document or certificate when booking an NHS eye test with Specscart. However, it is suggested that you bring the required document/ proof for your eye test appointment. One of Specscart’s team member will then assist you to fill in the GOS 1 Optical Voucher before having the NHS eye test. Other information, including your medication history, latest prescription/ prescription glasses and GP details will be helpful for the eye examination process.
Not Qualified for Free NHS Eye Test? Don’t Worry, Specscart Have it Covered!
As we understand a routine eye test is necessary ‐ but it’s not necessary to pay for each eye test ‐ here at Specscart UK we offer free comprehensive eye exams for everyone. With the promise to give back to the community, Specscart UK launched the eye test exam offers that aims to promote regular eye tests. So, if you have the following doubts:
- What if I’m not eligible for NHS funded eye. And also don’t have the budget to pay for a private eye test?
- What if I’m not due for another NHS eye test but desperately need an eye test?
Usually, in such cases, you will have to pay for the private eye tests. But don’t worry, here at Specscart, we have covered it. Launched the first free eye test programme in its Manchester Walkden shop, Specscart now is offering more eye tests free in its newly‐opened Bury Store. With an aim to make the free eye test accessible for everyone ﴾whether you are qualified for NHS funded eye test or not!﴿. Whenever you feel the prescription changes, blurry vision, eye strain ‐ or just need an urgent eye test for driving test ‐ you can always have an eye test free with Specscart. Interested in booking an eye test / NHS funded eye test with us? You are welcome to pop in Specscart’s Walkden or Bury shop to arrange the eye test appointment. The online booking for free eye test / NHS funded eye tests is also available at Specscart’s Walkden store. For more information, Please call at 0161 312 5767.