Free Shipping & 24 Hr Dispatch. Even On Weekends!
Fashion Glasses: An Intimate Eyewear Accessory
Glasses were invented for sight correction, but over the years, they have evolved to become one of the most intimate fashion accessories that perform a range of functions. Prescription glasses remain the most commonly used variant, but there are lots of other types as well. From blue light glasses that serve as a mode of digital protection to reading glasses that are used for perfect vision for things close up, from sunglasses that offer the much-needed UV protection to sports glasses that are used as safety gear and also for clarity of vision during playing sports. Glasses have certainly come a long way!
Whether you are prescribed glasses or not, there are still enough reasons to wear glasses. Our tagline #aframeforeverygame signifies the core philosophy. Just like you have multiple pairs of shoes for different occasions, you should also own multiple pairs of glasses suited for different moods and occasions. Whether you are looking for glasses for women or men's glasses, our collection consists of trendy glasses styles with a plethora of frames to choose from. For the best fashion eyewear in the UK, go ahead and browse through our extensive collection of glasses frames.
What Are Prescription Glasses’ Frames Made Of?
We use superior quality material for making your glasses. These materials have desirable characteristics like high strength, and high impact-resistance, among others, which impart enhanced durability to your glasses. Here are the different materials in which Specscart's fashion glasses are available.
- Acetate - Instead of going with traditional plastic materials, we use high-grade acetate to make your glasses. Acetate is a plant-based plastic, which is not only more eco-friendly but also has better gloss and is lighter than most other forms of plastic. If you are looking for highly fashionable glasses with top-notch quality, glasses made of acetate are a brilliant pick.
- Stainless Steel - For our metal frame glasses, we use stainless steel as one of the materials. A higher level of strength naturally flows in with metal frame glasses. However, with stainless steel, you not only get more robustness but also some other benefits owing to its lightweight, non-corrosive, and hypoallergenic nature.
- Titanium - The other material that we use to make your metal frame glasses is titanium. When compared to stainless steel, titanium has better quality and superior strength. Titanium is ultra-light and has amazing flexibility, making it super comfortable on your face. Apart from this, titanium is also non-corrosive and hypoallergenic. Their glossy and sleek appeal makes them a perfect material for fashion eyewear.
- Wood - As a material for making glasses, wood has grown in popularity over the last few years. Wood is a sustainable material, and the manufacturing of wooden glasses is also relatively sustainable. Wood provides an offbeat style to glasses, and you can find a wide variety of wooden glasses in our collection of stylish glasses.
- TR90 - TR90 is a type of thermoplastic material that is perfect for making high-quality glasses. Our sports glasses are made up of TR90. Being superbly flexible and lightweight, frames made out of TR90 adjust according to your facial shapes, imparting a comfortable fit. You will be making various dynamic movements while playing sports, and sports glasses made out of TR90 frames will rest comfortably on your face while you do that. TR90 frames also have a high impact resistance, making them ideal to withstand impacts during a performance.
Which Glasses' Shapes Suit My Face?
Whether you are looking to buy women's glasses or glasses for men, you might need clarity on which shape of glasses will suit you the best. Here are a few pointers that can help!
- If you have round or oval face shapes, angular frames such as square, rectangular, and even geometric are some of the options for stylish glasses. These styles will elevate round and oval facial features.
- For those with square or rectangular face shapes, some of the most outstanding fashion glasses options are round and oval frames. Some of the other flattering styles to accentuate angular facial features include cat-eye and aviator glasses.
- When it comes to heart face shape, your options are even more. From round and oval frames to square and rectangular frames, to even offbeat geometric frames, all these styles suit brilliantly for heart face shapes.
What Are The Types Of Lenses Available At Specscart?
At Specscart, you have a wide range of lens types to choose from, which are of premium quality. While frames impart style and strength to glasses, it is the different types of lenses that are responsible for making glasses a multifunctional accessory. Here are the lens options that you have at Specscart! We provide free protective coatings with all lenses. These necessary coatings include anti-glare, anti-UV, and scratch resistance. Talking about the thickness of the lenses, you have three lenses, including basic, thin, and ultra-thin.
- Single Vision Lenses - Single vision lenses are used for prescription glasses. They are referred to as single vision lenses because they cater to either nearsightedness or farsightedness.
- Non-prescription Lenses - If you do not need prescription glasses, and want to style glasses frames as a fashion accessory or for digital protection, non-prescription lenses are what you need to opt for. As the name suggests, these lenses don't carry any prescriptive power.
- Varifocal Lenses - Varifocal lenses provide eyesight correction for both nearsightedness and farsightedness with a single pair, i.e, both reading and distance vision. At Specscart, we offer the highest quality tailor-fit platinum varifocal lenses, with the widest vision field and minimum distortion.
- Blue Light Lenses - In this digital world, blue light lenses are essential as they protect our eyes from the harmful effects of excessive exposure to digital blue light. These lenses come with a protective coating that filters blue light emitted from digital devices.
- Sunglasses Tints - These lenses provide protection from the harmful UV rays of the sun. We offer UV400 protective coating with all sunglasses tints, which helps in providing 100% UV protection. Further, you can choose from various colours depending upon your style needs.
- Transition Lenses - These are light-adaptive lenses that have a coating of photochromic dye applied over their surface. While indoors, they maintain a fully clear appearance, and when one steps outdoors in the sun, the UV protection function of these lenses is activated and they also put on a tinted appearance like that of sunglasses . A single pair of transition lenses serve the function of both glasses and sunglasses.
How To Buy Prescription Glasses Online At Specscart?
Buying prescription glasses online at Specscart is super simple. Our user-friendly website makes it possible for you to arrive at your ideal style within no time. You can easily navigate through our wide range of glasses by narrowing down your viewing options by using filters, based on shapes, materials, colours, prices, etc. Here is a step-by-step guide on how to buy prescription glasses online at Specscart!
- Step 1 - Visit our website and select any frames of your choice by browsing through our collection of glasses. You can also order your free home trial to check how the frames look on you and whether they fit you well or not. Once you are satisfied with a frame, go ahead with your purchase by selecting the “Buy & Select Lens” option.
- Step 2 - Select the lens type - whether single vision or varifocals. Also, select the lens coating if you require any. For thinner lenses, you can select thin or ultra-thin lenses based on your prescription.
- Step 3 - Once you have selected your lens combination, please submit your prescription. You can do this by entering it down in the space provided or also uploading a photo of your prescription. You can also mail the prescription later to us via email.
- Step 4 - Proceed to checkout by entering your shipping address and making the payment. Congrats, your order is placed! You can expect it to be dispatched within 24 hours.
Why Choose Specscart To Buy Stylish Glasses?
Whether you're looking for a casual pair, a statement piece, or a sporty style - you will find a huge variety in our glasses collection. The best part is that all of them are available with any kind of lenses that you want, like prescription lenses or non-prescription ones for fashion or blue light protection. When you buy buy glasses online, the most important thing is your experience. We achieve that through variety, accessible prices, and speed.
We know you will still be spoiled for choice! That is why we have introduced Free Try at Home - you can order fashion eyewear and we'll send them to your home for a week with a prepaid return label. Take selfies, show them to friends and families, and take them out for a spin!
Our in-house brands - which are priced around 70% lower than high street - include Tom Archer, Marc Fabien, and Actics Sports Glasses. Apart from them, you can choose from designers like Calvin Klein, Salvatore Ferragamo, Ted Baker, and Hackett.
With free single vision lenses and protective coatings, you will get fully loaded high-quality glasses. Doesn't get better than this - order stylish glasses frames online now!